This qualification is designed for learners who would like to learn about the environment and climate change.
Sustainability is quickly becoming a high priority for many businesses. Making moves towards becoming a ‘greener’ organisation can also provide cost saving initiatives, such as reducing waste or saving energy. Particularly relevant to those woking in or seeking employment in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care sectors
This qualification covers the nature of climate change and the role that individuals, businesses and other organisations play in helping to reduce carbon emissions. This course gives the knowledge and understanding for individuals to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home.
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of environmental awareness and carbon footprint reduction associated with a wide range of workplaces and linked to the lifestyles of individuals
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge that is relevant, and can be applied, across a variety of sectors.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Become familiar with the basics of the environment and climate change
- Develop an understanding of environmental protection and the action that can be taken within the workplace to mitigate the damaging impact of industry on the environment
- Explore how the lifestyle of an individual can be environmentally detrimental while offering an insight into ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
A statement of what a learner will know, understand or be able to do as a result of a process of learning. As well as achieve a NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness which is a nationaly accredited and recognised qualification.
Course content unit 1
- Understand climate change, sustainability and environmental protection
- Understand industry and the environment
- Understand resource efficiency and waste management
Duration of course
Number of assessments
Online or Paper-based
Portfolio of evidence which is marked via an assigned tutor. Assessing knowledge/understanding. All units must be assessed in line with the Assessment Strategy.
Apply now for this course
We have a wide range of courses suited to employers, learners and further education providers. If you need help or advice then do drop us a line.