Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today, as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
What you will learn
This qualification is designed to increase learners awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges which could support progression onto other appropriate qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care
sector. This qualification would be valuable to learners already working in education and health and social care settings.
- Understand Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour
- Understand the Importance of Effective Communication and the management of Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges
Course content unit 1
This unit contains three sections:
Section 1: Understand behaviour that challenges
Section 2: Understand how to support positive behaviour
Section 3?: Extension activites
Course content unit 2
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and its impact
- Further your personal and professional development
- Be able to support individuals effectively
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Content you can download
Duration of course
Number of assessments
Online or Paper-based
Portfolio of evidence which is marked via an assigned tutor. Assessing knowledge/understanding. All units must be assessed in line with the Assessment Strategy.
Apply now for this free course
We have a wide range of courses suited to employers, learners and further education providers. If you need help or advice then do drop us a line.