Children and young people are amongst the most vulnerable in our society when it comes to the impact of adverse circumstances on their lives. Adverse childhood experience can have impacts on the development and mental health of children and young people that may persist into adulthood and affect their life chances.
These might be personal circumstances such as the death or divorce of parents or domestic violence, for example, or national and international disasters. Children and young people affected by such events need support to strengthen their resilience and empower them to overcome their fears and the challenges they face.
What you will learn
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of ACEs
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge.
- The objectives of this qualification are to enable the learner to:
– Explore childhood and family structures
– Explore ACEs and understand potential outcomes for children enduring ACEs
– Understand the role of the practitioner supporting children impacted by ACEs
– develop strategies to improve outcomes for children affected by ACEs.
Course content unit 1
This unit contains four sections:
- Section 1: Exploring childhood and family structures
- Section 2: Introduction to adverse childhood experiences
- Section 3: Understand strategies to improve outcomes for children affected by adverse childhood experiences
- Section 4: Extension activities
A statement of what a learner will know, understand or be able to do, as a result of a process of learning. As well as achieve a NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences which is nationally an accredited and recognised qualification.
Duration of course
Number of assessments
Online or Paper-based
Portfolio of evidence which is marked via an assigned tutor. Assessing knowledge/understanding. All units must be assessed in line with the Assessment Strategy.
Apply now for this course
We have a wide range of courses suited to employers, learners and further education providers. If you need help or advice then do drop us a line.