Around 450 million people currently experience mental health problems, with recent reports suggesting that over 12 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in just one year. It’s important that employers are transparent and open about mental health issues, and this qualification builds an understanding of mental health problems and the support available to colleagues. Increasing the understanding of mental health of staff at all levels builds a culture of care and support.
This qualification aims to:
* Focus on the study of mental health first aid and mental health advocacy in the workplace
* Offer breadth and depth of study of mental health first aid.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
* Introduce and explore different types of mental ill health, and factors that may increase the risk of mental ill health in individuals.
* Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health within boundaries of own role
* Explore how to create a mentally healthy environment for individuals in a variety of settings.
A statement of what a learner will know,understand or be able to do as a result of a process of learning. As well as achieve a NCFE CACHE LEVEL 2 Certificate in Mental Health First Aid & Mental Healthy Advocacy in the Workplace which is an nationaly accredited and recognised qualification.
Course content unit 1
“This unit contains three Sections:
Section 1: Exploring Mental Health
Section 2: Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
Section 3: Understand a mentally healthy enviroment
Duration of course
Number of assessments
Online or Paper-based
Portfolio of evidence which is marked via an assigned tutor. Assessing knowledge/understanding. All units must be assessed in line with the Assessment Strategy.
Apply now for this course
We have a wide range of courses suited to employers, learners and further education providers. If you need help or advice then do drop us a line.